JCI Cork Active Citizenship Week
During the first week in September JCI promote being an active citizen in your community. This is a week where people can come together to do simple tasks that will make Ireland a better place to live.
A week where people can come together to do simple tasks that will make Ireland & local communities a better place to live.
JCI Cork President
The 1st week of September this year marks what is, perhaps one of the most important weeks on the JCI International Calender, Active Citizenship Week.
Here is a few ways to be an active citizen:
- Deliver meals to homebound individuals.
- Mentor a young person.
- Start a book club in your area.
- Shop at a local, family owned business.
- Help an elderly person by delivering shopping.
- Volunteer at a local St. John Ambulance or Order of Malta.
- Donate some of your time to help a local organisation.
- Donate unwanted clothing/toys to a local charity shop.
- Clean up rubbish along a river, beach or park.
These are just some ideas we give to members to help them become better young active citizens.